City Projects Supported with
Le Mars Area Betterment Foundation Funds
Amount approved: $175,000
- Construct New Dog Park by Pond Near Airport
- Large Fenced in Area to Accommodate All Dog Sizes
- Include Benches, Tables, Cement Trail, Grass Areas, Waste Receptacles,
Extend Recreation Trail North & South
Amount approved: North Extension: $100,000 / South Extension: $90,000
- Connect South End from 200th Street to County Road C-38
- Connect North End from Old Hwy. 60 (Madison Avenue) to 150th St.
Amount approved: $1,000,000
- Link Communities of Le Mars, Merrill, Hinton and Sioux City
- Provide a safe and secure transportation link by bicycle and pedestrian travel
- Increase recreational access for the communities along the trail, boost tourism, economic development, health and wellness
- Le Mars’ proposed Recreational Trail South extension identifies a trail option that would follow the Floyd River South of Le Mars from 195th Street to C-38, which would connect with the existing trail network.